Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fear of a Full Heart

I have grown rather accustomed to chaos. Today I had a day that was so good, I thought it was bad. I held my breath and waited to lose control.

I waited
to be thrown through the ceiling
hit the end of the universe and
fall, endlessly.

Yet, there was nothing. I cried for a schizophrenic man that was arrested for feeling threatened. I ate and spent more than I am proud of. But I also woke up early this morning to have coffee with a friend. I wrote an entire paper in one sitting. I went to class and participated in conversations. Robert and I went on a walking adventure with my little brother Max, and in the near future he may be able to sleep over at my apartment. I ate dinner with my family.

My heart is full.

I do not yet know who I will be when I am no longer ruled by my beast. I live for days like today, and yet I already miss him. Is that okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment