Thursday, January 30, 2014

YOU

How do I explain?
How do I make you understand how important this is?
To me? To my life?
To those like me?

How do I make you care?
Care enough to change the way you feel?
The way you treat me? And those like myself?

I am consumed by thoughts of this
I think about it everyday, all of the time
It is so big, this illness of mine
So big it could swallow me up whole
Some days I drown in my thoughts of it

Do you know what that feels like?
Do you?
DO. YOU. FEEL. ANYTHING.

You're reading this. I know you are.
So say something
Anything
about it. Any of it.

Or you are just like anyone who has ever called me
crazy
nuts
psycho
overdramatic
sensitive
emo
possessed
selfish
self-centered
intense
moody
weak
a drama queen
a liar
a baby
a bitch

Acknowledge me and my experience. Can you do that?

2 comments: