Monday, January 27, 2014

Momma Said There'll be Days Like This

Today I am empty.
I am hollow.

My brain wanders, and although I feel less hopeless than yesterday
I don't know why
or what to do with it.

I've almost got my medication out of my system.
Almost.

I have been given chances
I can redeem myself

If only, if only
my brain could focus on it
or anything.

Bring me back
Bring me down
Let me return to myself

The beast is loving every minute of this.
He just loves watching me fail myself.
How else would I remember that I need him and he needs me?

Afterthought:

I did it, I wrote the paper.
Now, who else can I blame but myself for not doing it earlier?
This is where he gets me,
that beast
every time.

Today is just one day, after all.
There will be many more like it.
And others that aren't the same at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment