Monday, November 17, 2014

A Smaller Existence

Sometimes I think I'm not meant to exist beyond my bed, or the couch in my living room. That doesn't always bother me.

Days like today I am pulled in separate directions. I wouldn't mind staying home; it would mean being productive but also protected from whatever I am convinced is outside waiting to hurt me. At the same time I am afraid that I will never be more than what I am inside these walls;  I am pain, I am disappointment and I will lose everything I have worked so hard for.

I have chosen not to go to school. This is not the first time and I'd be kidding myself if I said it were the last. Only a few moments ago I was sure that I had too much anxiety about seeing other people but enough motivation to do my schoolwork if I stayed at home. Now I am sure that I have made a huge mistake. I have stopped doing the one thing I had said I would do: show up.

I  could have pushed past the anxiety and gone. I could have just sat myself down and studied this past weekend. I am so full of bullshit. I am an excuse. I am a pretender.

When am I going to grow the fuck up and fulfill my obligations? Be accountable for my actions?

I feel sick to my stomach and I hate myself so here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment