Sunday, October 4, 2015

I got all of my studying done the for the next week--the whole week. This shit just doesn't happen to me.

It feels really good. The difficult piece is that every small victory like this one reminds me of all of my past failures. Every time I've been so paralyzed that I was unable to study anything at all. Every time I've watched the clock, knowing that with every moment that passes I'm closer to missing a due date, a class or a shift at work. Every time that I've convinced myself that I can sleep forever.

It's undeniable that successes like this can be taken away at any time. Today has been remarkable but it's unlikely to become part of a pattern. I have yet to figure out what the magic number is but I'm sure that after so many of these small victories a devastating loss is guaranteed.

It's fucking bullshit that an accomplishment should bring with it so much fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment